- Delivery of a consistent and standardised approach to WMS across multiple chilled distribution sites in the UK and Ireland, that could then be quickly replicated as new sites were acquired
- A network-wide approach to transport planning and driver management
- A centralised and harmonised approach to integration into the many different customers’ IT landscapes
Culina Logistics is a leading 3PL provider of high quality logistics services for food and drink companies in the UK and Ireland.
It specialises in the development and implementation of total supply chain solutions for major or niche ambient and chilled brand manufacturers and distributors.
It prides itself in being “… measurably the best …” within its space. Dematic helps in this process through the provision and subsequent 24x7 support of its Matflo software solutions.
Matflo delivers both a class-leading operational system, but equally important it provides extensive reporting features to allow performance to be assessed and measured.
The relationship between Dematic and Culina is a natural fit. Both are perceived as leaders in their respective fields. one in the provision of warehousing and wider supply chain software solutions, and the other as a 3PL operator.
Dematic, as a company that works with many 3PL operators, has a strong understanding of the specialist requirements that 3PL operations have. From multi-tenanted warehousing operations and the sometimes complex integration requirements associated with these, through to activity-based costing requirements to support specific commercial agreements with end customers.
Culina continually look to Dematic to evolve with them, to allow them to remain at the forefront of their competitive market and to continue to meet the changing demands of the retail sector they occupy.
Flexibility and speed are an essential requirement, with the need to offer on-going innovation. Dematic does exactly this.
A challenge faced by 3PLs is the speed with which they can open new sites, including the systems required to operate them. Culina are typically able to deploy Dematic’s Matflo systems into a new site within a two week period.
The Culina supply chain fulfilment solution is delivered by Dematic’s Matflo. From within the Matflo suite of products, specific components that have been deployed by Culina include:
- Shared User Matflo WMS - control of chilled distribution centres including fully RF-instructed operations
- Matflo TMS - a network-wide multi-leg transport management solution to manage the planning, scheduling and delivery of stock to end customers
- Matflo 360° - a centralised supply chain execution solution providing global inventory and supply chain visibility, connected to each site’s WMS
- Matflo Integrator - a centralised service facilitating integration into around 150 different end customers, and most critically enabling rapid on-boarding of any new customer.
Dematic’s Matflo is rolled out across the entire Culina chilled distribution centre estate. Through the integrated approach, it allows Culina to have complete visibility across its multiple sites, and drive effective business decisions to maximise efficiency and the end customer experience.
The entire solution provision is supported by Dematic on a 24x7 basis through a single co-ordinated support channel.