Applications Support Engineer
We are looking for a candidate to join our very successful Response Coordination Centre (RCC). The RCC is the central function within DAI for effectively addressing and coordinating the speedy resolution of customer queries and incidents. It is at the heart of the premium customer service we pride ourselves on.
For the right candidate is this a challenging and rewarding environment to work in, honing skills in software engineering and customer management, that in turn can lead to progression elsewhere within DAI.
DAI is a leading company in the delivery of innovative software led solutions across a multitude of different industries, that themselves fall under different regulatory requirements- from nuclear and pharmaceutical industries through to standard eCommerce fulfilment solutions. Within our target markets we are seen as leaders in the UK and increasingly the globally.
As an Application Support Engineer you will be responsible for the day-to-day support of DAI customers. The role will involve providing engineering support and acting upon and monitoring generated alerts.
You will need to combine a clear commitment to customer satisfaction with technical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise. You must have the ability to communicate directly with customers both by e-mail and telephone. Where issues arise that you cannot resolve, you will then be responsible for managing escalations to other parts of DAI, to ensure the prompt and satisfactory resolution of customer support cases.
The role will typically require the ability to:
- Ensure all incidents are correctly logged, assigned and communicated and accurately updated as the resolution progresses
- Communicate with the customer to understand the underlying issue and provide timely feedback
- Work proactively with others across DAI to ensure prompt resolution of each incident
- Provide support to colleagues through knowledge sharing and promoting knowledge sharing initiatives
While you will be educated and supported on the job, an inherent aptitude to technical problem solving will be required.
The position is shift based, and you will be excepted to be willing to adapt to this.
- Competitive salary- based on level of experience and expertise
- Profit related pay (PRP) scheme- designed to reward individual contribution and performance
- Group Personal Pension scheme
- Holidays- initially 32 day, rising to 37 days (including Bank Holidays)
- Private Health scheme
- Life assurance
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- A team player with a desire to learn more
- A willing communicator
- Qualified to a good degree level in any technical discipline (or to be able to show that you now possess these skills through extended experience)
- A willingness to visit sites and gain a better understanding of applications
- Familiarity with use of incident management tools
- A driving licence
- A knowledge of ITIL processes, and ideally ITIL certified
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a customer liaising role