Applications Support Analyst
The Response Coordination Centre is the central function within DAI for effectively addressing and coordinating the speedy resolution of customer queries and incidents. It is at the heart of the premium customer service we pride ourselves on.
The Applications Support Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day support of DAI customers. The role involves providing engineering support and acting upon and monitoring generated alerts. It combines a clear commitment to customer satisfaction with technical skills and the ability to trouble shoot and resolve issues that arise. Communication is key.
The role will also involve being responsible for managing escalations to other parts of DAI and to ensure the prompt and satisfactory resolution of customer support cases.
This is a more challenging role than your typical service desk position. You would be expected to have a very strong software engineering and computing background as you will be supporting complex customer applications.
The Response Coordination Centre is a shift based environment and any successful candidates would be expected to work shifts.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- To ensure incidents and service requests are managed effectively to the relevant SLA (Service Level Agreement) criteria within an ITIL framework
- To ensure consistent performance to internal KPI targets/exceed internal KPI targets
- To provide a first-class support service
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Provision of incident/problem management, service request management and knowledge development to ensure a standard model of support is implemented
- Ensure all requests are correctly logged, assigned, communicated and updated with the accurate and relevant information
- Investigate and manage any problems with live applications as effectively as possible
- Accept responsibility for ownership of customer incidents or logged service requests
- Responsibility for tracking and progress-chasing of incidents to conclusion and in line with SLAs and quality standards
- Provide good technical troubleshooting skills and accurate diagnosis of customer incidents to help identify potential fault
- Resolve or escalate problems and service requests according to established procedures
- Follow training and demonstrate technical skills with DAI software
- Work proactively to ensure prompt resolution of support incident
- Work closely with support and development counterparts to ensure smooth delivery of systems deployed to customer sites
- Demonstrate high levels of application support to DAI customers to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained
- Provide support to team members by knowledge sharing and promoting knowledge sharing initiatives
Key Skills Required
- Further/higher education qualifications in computing
- Familiar with the use of incident management tools
- ITIL Certified
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a customer facing role